WHICH DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE RENTAL DESK? EN
- Passport or ID card
- Credit card in the name of the driver. Credit cards accepted for pick-up are MasterCard and Visa. Please consult your rental counter list of accepted Credit Cards.
- Driving licence. Please note that only a full licence held for minimum of 1 year with no major endorsements will be accepted.
- Booking confirmation. This will be sent to you after booking and must be printed out.
DO I NEED AN INTERNATIONAL DRIVER'S LICENSE?
- Actually, Hertz and Thrifty Thailand is requires an international driving license.
IS IT SUFFICIENT TO PRESENT A COPY OF MY DRIVING LICENSE?
- No. A copy of your licence will not be accepted. The original document must be presented at pick-up.
CAN I USE MY DEBIT CARD IF I DON'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD?
- Hertz and Thrifty Thailand is requires a Credit Card for security deposit on the main driver’s credit card amount THB 10,000 for standard vehicles and rental fee when pick up a car at the counter.
IF I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY EMAIL FOR MY CONFIRMATION, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Generally, confirmation letter is mailed to you instantly after you have successful booked a car via www.hertzthailand.com In a situation where you have not received any email after 24 hours of your booking, call us at +66 2266 4666
WILL I GET THE EXACT CAR MODEL DISPLAYED DURING THE BOOKING?
- During the booking process, we will display images of similar cars in the same category. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the exact same model available. However, you are entitled to a vehicle in the same category, holding the same amount of passengers and with the same luggage capacity.
CAN I PLACE MORE THAN ONE BOOKING AT A TIME?
- Unfortunately, you cannot book two cars in the same booking process, as each vehicle booked has its own reference number and rental agreements. Please note that if you have booked several vehicles on the same date, bookings must be made under different driver’s names. As long as you book each vehicle separately, however, you can book as many rentals at a time as you want. For more information, please contact +66 2266 4666
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DROP THE CAR AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION THAN WHERE I INDICATED?
- You can contact the location where you pick up a car directly to inform local staff that you would change the return location.
IF I EXTEND MY RENTAL, CAN I GET THE SAME DAILY RATE?
- If mid rental you need to extend your stay, contact Hertz location where you pick up a car directly and we could provide the counter rental rate of your extension.
MY BOOKING STATUS IS “QUOTATION” – WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- This means that we still have to confirm the availability of the vehicle. Once confirmed, we will send a booking confirmation. In cases where the requested vehicle is not available, we will contact you to advise you on other options.
CAN I CHANGE MY BOOKING?
- Yes, you can easily change your booking details. You just need to file an amendment request on our homepage.
- We do not charge an administration fee for changing or amending bookings, but, depending on the nature of the changes you want to make, additional cost might occur. For example, in cases where the date needs to be changed we cannot guarantee the same price as originally quoted.
WHY DO I NEED TO ENTER MY FLIGHT DETAILS?
- By providing your flight number, the Hertz Staff at the pick-up location will be informed about your arrival time and also about possible delays. This will help secure your reserved vehicle in case of a flight delay.
WHEN WILL I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE RENTAL?
- Post-Paid – Confirm the vehicle without payment. The balance is paid in full at time of arrival at car rental desk.
IF I DROP MY CAR OFF EARLY – WILL I GET A PARTIAL REFUND?
- Prices are based on the pick-up and drop-off times and dates that you agree before your rental starts. If you pick the car up any later or bring it back any earlier, you will not receive a refund for unused time.
PRICE AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES
WHICH COSTS ARE INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PRICE?
- The rental price includes collision damage waiver, tax, unlimited mileage and additional driver.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- Child Seats, GPS – Satellite Navigational System and any other ancillary service/product (if you don't selected the optional when you book). These items are payable directly to Hertz at the rental counter.
HOW MUCH IS THE CDW EXCESS AMOUNTS?
- Your fully inclusive rate includes Collision Damage Waiver (CDW); Normally all vehicles have an excess/deductible amount ranging from THB 2,000 to THB 10,000 based on damages on the car.
WHICH ADDITIONAL CHARGES COULD APPLY?
- Generally, additional charges may be applied for: Out-of-Hours Pick-up/Drop-off, One-Way Rentals, GPS, Child Seat, and Pocket WiFi. Any additional charges will need to be paid directly at the rental desk in the local currency.
HOW CAN I AVOID ADDITIONAL CHARGES WHEN I DROP OFF THE CAR?
- By returning the car on time, with the right amount of fuel and without any new damage or excessive dirt. When you drop the car off, Hertz Thailand could charge you for: a whole additional day if you return the car late, refueling, plus a charge for doing it and/or new damage.
WHAT IS SUPER CDW COVERAGE?
- "Super Collision Damage Waiver (SCDW)" can be purchase at the counter when pick up a car, to waive the already limited liability in case of damage to the Hertz vehicle, provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
- Please note: super CDW coverage will not cover you for damage to Tires, damage to wheels, loss of Keys, Contamination of fuel, GPS, Child Seat or Pocket WiFi *
WHAT IS THEFT PROTECTION?
- Theft Protection reduces your financial liability for loss of or damage to the Hertz vehicle due to theft, attempted theft or vandalism, provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rental agreement.
WHICH OPTIONAL EXTRAS ARE AVAILABLE?
- The availability of optional extras depends on availability and even if they are booked online they are not guaranteed. The following extras can be booked online:
- Child seat
- GPS – Satellite Navigational System
- Pocket Wi-Fi
- Please note that most of the optional extras are not included in the rental price and can be purchased at the time of booking or at the rental desk. The costs of the optional extras are displayed at time of booking in the Rental Conditions.
WHAT IS YOUR REFUELING POLICY?
- Hertz rates do not include fuel. All Hertz vehicles are rented with a full tank and must be returned with a full tank or a local refueling charge will apply in addition to the cost of the fuel.
HOW MUCH WILL I NEED TO PAY FOR FUEL?
- Pick up full, return full – Your vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel. To avoid incurring fuel charges you will need to return it full.
- Pick up full, return empty – Your vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel and can be returned empty. On pick-up, the counter staff will charge you for a full tank of fuel. The price per litre charged may be higher than the price at the local service station. Fuel charges are payable at the rental counter.
CAN I PICK UP A CAR AT ONE LOCATION AND RETURN AT THE OTHER ONE?
- Returning a vehicle to a different location from which you rented is permitted for 3 days rental with service charge, and for 5 days (Car Group M,A,B,C,J, and K) rental with free of charge.
IF I WANT TO TAKE THE HIRE CAR TO ANOTHER COUNTRY?
- The rented vehicle must not be use outside Thailand.
WHAT SHOULD I DO WHEN I GET TO MY CAR?
- Walk around the car and look inside, checking for damage with staff. If you find any, ask the staff to mark it on your car checker.
HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT THE LUGGAGE CAPACITY OF A VEHICLE?
- The luggage capacity will be displayed at the time of booking with a suitcase symbol.